Notice of Public Review Period
This LRTP Amendment Notice is hereby given that the Indian River County Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) will receive public comments on the 2040 Long Range Transportation Plan Amendment between November 14, 2016 and December 13, 2016. The 2040 Long Range Transportation Plan Amendment will be adopted at the MPO meeting and public hearing scheduled for December 14, 2016 at 10:00 AM in Conference Room B1-501 of the Indian River County Administration Building "B", located at 1800 27th Street, Vero Beach, Florida.
Statement of Function
FDOT Five Year Tentative Work Program Public Hearing for Indian River County
The Indian River County Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO), formed in April 1993, is a legislative
agency responsible for transportation planning in the urbanized area of Indian River County. It has the power to
develop and adopt plans and to set priorities for the programming of improvements to the County's transportation
system. The MPO consists of twelve voting members representing the local governments within the County, two
non-voting representatives from the Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT), and a non-voting
representative from the Town of Orchid. Funding is through a Joint Participation Agreement for Federal
Highway Planning (PL) funding. This is an agreement between FDOT and the MPO, which provides for the pass
through of these federal funds. Dollars are approved on an annual basis. The percentage of Federal, State and
local dollars varies from year to year.
2016/2017 Goals and Objectives
• Maintain a continuing, cooperative, and comprehensive transportation process in the MPO area.
• Manage MPO Governing Board and Advisory Committee activities.
• Coordinate planning activities with FDOT for major transportation projects.
• Conduct Bicycle/Pedestrian Safety Training throughout the County.
• Participate in regional planning efforts.
• Prepare and adopt the annual Priority Projects report.
• Prepare and adopt the MPO Transportation Improvement Program (TIP).
• Implement the specific tasks outlined in the current UPWP, which include program administration, data collection, systems planning, and project planning.
• Developed a new 2040 Long Range Transportation Plan (LRTP)
• Complete the 2016 Transit Development Plan Minor Update.
• Complete the 2018Transit Devlopment Major Update.
FDOT has completed the development of the Draft Tentative Work Program, FYs 2018-2022. FDOT is pleased to announce that some level of programming is included for the majority of the MPO's priorities, including the Oslo Road Interchange, the widening of Oslo Road, and the widening of CR 510. FDOT will be conducting a Public Hearing on Wednesday, November 30, 2016, at 6:30pm moderated live at the District 4 auditorium in Ft. Lauderdale. FDOT will also have the Treasure Coast Operations Office open if members of the public would like to attend in person. Alternatively, the public can attend via webinar. To find out more, visit the Work Program Public Hearing Website:
Public Hearing and Documents Site | Webinar Sign Up